Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yet Another Hunch

I predicted in my previous blog entry that Indianapolis Colts' wide receiver Pierre Garçon would have a big game against the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Divisional Playoff.

I was wrong. Sort of.

While he didn't have great numbers in that game (5 catches for 34 yards), he did force a key fumble that killed a possible Ravens' comeback.



Turned out that my prediction was a week off, as Garçon's big game came the following week, against the New York Jets in the AFC Championship Game. He had 11 catches for 151 yards against the number one defense in the NFL.



(Video courtesy of Youtube)

Next up for the Colts, the New Orleans Saints, the number one seed in the NFC, in Superbowl XLIV. While I have been a Drew Brees fan since his days at Purdue, I just can't see how the Saints defense can come up with a way to stop Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Hope that my prediction will not be off this time around.

No comments: