Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Perhaps I Can See the Future

On June 29, I wrote:

"With the addition of Allen, and Paul Pierce still with the team, will the Boston Celtics become attractive enough for Kevin Garnett of the Minnesota Timberwolves? For a while the Phoenix Suns have been mentioned as the most likely destination for Garnett, who has said that he doesn't want to play for the Celtics. But that was before the addition of Allen. If I were Garnett, I would seriously re-consider my stance as with the line-up of Allen, Garnett and Pierce, the Celtics would have finally become a serious contender for the first time in ages, especially in the weaker Eastern Conference."

On July 31, Garnett was indeed traded to the Celtics for Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff and two first-round draft picks.

And just like that, I have nailed it. For the first time ever, my prediction has come true.

It is time to celebrate for the Celtics, and for me too.

No comments: