Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Marion Mess

There is a recent report that Marion Jones, once the fastest woman on earth, is broke.

Her multi-million dollar mansion has been foreclosed, and she now only has around US$2,000 at her disposal.

Once the diva in track and field, she could command a four-figure appearance fee in the events around the world.

Yet she eventually was involved in the banned substance scandal and while she has never been tested positive for banned substances, her reputation has forever been tarnished.

Jones going broke, I think, has more to do with her lifestyle than anything else. She would bask in the limelight and opt for the most lavish lifestyle, with an entourage so huge that would even make Mike Tyson humble. Like many before her, she found fame and fortune easily, but lost them all just as quickly.

Doesn't it sound like the effects of taking banned substances?

Personally I feel sorry for her. I once considered naming my child Marion (after Marion Barber though) Eventually, we opted for Daryl, after Daryl Johnston.

Luckily I didn't. Otherwise my child would definitely blame me for making such a poor decision.

Just like what the poor Marion Jones has been doing over the years.

No comments: